Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Few weeks ago, the service started with P&W and we were taught with a new song 'You are my Father' The song goes like this:

Verse 1:

It doesn't matter where I run, You're there for me
It doesn't matter what I've done Your love's for me
You wipe away the tears, You lift me when I fall
My life is safe by the mercy of Your grace

Verse 2:
It doesn't matter where I go, You walk with me
It doesn't matter when I fall, You cover me
You wipe away the tears, You lift me when I fall
My life is safe by the mercy of Your grace

Chorus:
You are my Father, Provider You're my Deliverer
Your mercies embrace me, surround me
Through Your everlasting love
Father I worship You Father I worship You

Bridge:
And Your love is for me
And Your love is for me
And Your love is forever

Then Pastor Kong continued to preach a sermon of (The Fatherhood of God).

Isaiah 63:14

Luke 2:49
John 5:30
Matt 6:9
John 14:6
John 14:2
Luke 23:46

Hosea 11:1-4

*All these verses tell us that Jesus addressed our heavenly Father 'Father' throughout the new testament. His relationship with God.

How our heavenly Father is like? (5 points)

1) God the Father is FAITHFUL.
Psalm 36:5
Hebrews 13:5
Matt 26:28
2 Tim 2:13

*Many times we were/are unfaithful, but really thankful that He is always faithful and committed to us through good and bad times.

2) God the Father is GENEROUS.
John 10:10
Psalm 84:11
Psalm 35:27

*No good things will He withhold from us.

3) God the Father is affectionate
Hebrews 4:15

*God is there when you are confused and when you are in situation that you lose control of!

4) God the Father is attentive
1 Peter 5:7
John 5:17

*He is watching over you and thinking of you and everyone else roughly around 4000plus times per second. It's amazing to know that there is someone else who cares.

5) God the Father is accepting

*Nothing you can do could make Him love you more and nothing that you've done could make Him close the door!

No comments: