Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Sermon by Pst Tan (Life & Light) 27/6/2008

Our PRIMARY purpose as a human is to take the presence of God and His standard of holiness to the whole earth!



John 1:4-5 (In Him was life, and the life was the light of men; And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.)

Genesis 5:1-2 (This is the book of the genealogy of Adam. In the day that God created man, He made him in the LIKENESS OF GOD; He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created.)

*God created man FIRST (God created man out of a ground while God created woman out of a rib of a man)

*God intended man to be the FOUNDATION!

*Real man is not based on ROLES but it is based on the PURPOSE that God intended!

5 truth about PURPOSE:

1) God is a God of purpose.
2) The purpose of a thing is in the mind of the maker.
3) The purpose of a thing determines it potential.
4) The potential of a thing reveals its purpose.
5) Where purpose is not known, abuse is inevitable.

1 Cor 3:11 (For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.)

Man's PURPOSE: (5 Points)

1) Adam was put in a garden.
a) Garden symbolised a home to God =) We are meant to CONNECT OURSELVES to God, to FELLOWSHIP with God as a FIRST PRIORITY!

2) Adam was given instructions.
b) We are meant to COMMUNICATE VISIONS and take the role of a TEACHER.

3) Adam was given work to tend.
c) We are meant to be PRODUCTIVE, to LOVE WORK and all glory to be given back to God!

4) Adam was given a garden to keep it.
d) We are meant to be a PROTECTOR to our family and every area of our lives.

5) Adam was given the animals for him to name.
e) We are meant to be taking LEADERSHIP and OWNERSHIP that God has entrusted to us.

What about woman?
* Woman are called to be a HELPER, alongside to the man.

2 Cor 4:7 (But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.)

In conclusion, what should man do and why should it be done? (4 Points)

1) Man should CLAIM BACK lost visions that devil has stolen! Be strong and be a MIGHTY MAN OF WAR.

2) Man should restore the original purpose that God has created.

3) The creation crys out for it.

4) My future wife can't wait for it to happen.


I really believe that i should rise up more to the occasion to be more manly because manhood and Christlikeness are synonamous. If i claim i wanna be more like Christ, then i got to fulfill the 5 points of why God created man. My relationship with God and man must be right, to love God wholeheartedly and love people fervently. I wanna draw closer to God daily. Like what Pst Kong always says 'I love God more today than yesterday, I love God more this month than last month.' I wanna be the person who always communicate Godly visions to others, to be a visionary for God daily. I wanna love work and be productive, to shine for God in NS and even after NS. I wanna be a protector to my family against the devil, protector against the devil to my cell group members and friends around me. I wanna be a protector to the dreams and visions that God has given and entrusted to me. And lastly, I wanna rise up more to the occasion of leadership and ownership. When no one wants to lead, I will be the one who will take the lead and I prayed that the Holy Spirit will be the one leading me always so that I will not lead the people into the wrong pathway again. In Jesus' mighty name, AMEN!


No comments: